Thursday, September 29, 2011

Just Thoughts

Read a lot of excuses on the weight loss sites, make quite a few of my own. Very rarely do any of us own up to the error of our ways.

Some of us start these blogs with such good intentions and then just fade away? I am what you call the occasional blogger, doesn't mean I don't read others every day - I just don't contribute or comment. Maybe that's bad of me. I am finding on this journey that it is not only about weight loss and getting healthier but realizing who you are as a person inside. It has come to me that I can only do so much but can do nothing without the person inside me giving it everything I've got, not so much as resisting food or exercising but determination to succeed.

Acknowledgement is great and food for the soul, but not if you are contributing to my self delusion that there was nothing I could have done. "My body was telling me I needed that fattening meal or snack". No I didn't. Finding someone to commiserate just a little and kicking my butt back into line would be much more helpful.

Blogging is great - it is how you have a conversation with yourself that you would not normally do and not needing to have a response back.

Boy was this a random post or what, but it was on my mind. Glad I talked with myself.
TL

No comments:

Post a Comment